- Trial attorney including domestic and family law, personal injury law, business and corporate law.
- Domestic and Family Law including divorce, custody, child support, legitimating, visitation, adoption, alimony, property division, paternity, modifications, and contempt issues.
- Real estate law including the sale and lease of property, land partnerships, zoning, easements, and land disputes.
- Transactional law including the purchase and sale of privately held businesses.
- Business and corporate law including business valuations, Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Partnerships, Sole Propriertorships, contract review, and document drafting.
- Personal Injury law including severe injury cases. Procured over $3.1 million in personal injury awards.
- Litigated legal cases in over 50 counties in Georgia
Mark B. McManus, Sr.
Personal and Education Background
Mark was born in Charlotte NC, and raised in DeKalb County outside Atlanta, Georgia. He resided in Roswell Georgia from 1982 until August 2007 when he moved to Lee County, Georgia. His parents were raised in Savannah Georgia where his family goes back to 1865. After visiting the Golden Isles for many years, Mark and his wife moved to the Golden Isles in 2014. Mark graduated from the University of Georgia in Athens Georgia with a BBA degree in Accounting (Deans List); and Woodrow Wilson College of Law in Atlanta, Georgia with a Juris Doctorate degree. (American Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence)
For twelve years after graduation from college, Mark worked for BellSouth Corp. He had a proven track record of success, including numerous promotion and awards, including the Innovative Design, Excellence, President’s Award, Vice President’s Award for Outstanding Contribution, Achievers Club, and the Georgia Sets the Standard Award. He was the leader for the design and technical support for a revenue base of $108.9 million. He was selected to lead the legal compliance and technical compliance for a nine state bid valued at over $100 million.
After completing law school, Mark entered the legal profession in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
His law practice includes:
Domestic Relations and Family Law:
The area of domestic relations and family law includes divorce, custody, child support, legitimating, visitation, adoption, alimony, property division, paternity, modifications, and contempt issues.
Personal injury law:
He has procured over $3.1 million in personal injury awards.
Business and corporate law:
In the area of business law, he assists clients in establishing and operating corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures and other business entities. He assists clients in corporate compliance and risk management, including contracts, employment matters, corporate meetings, and compliance with Georgia corporate laws. He has expertise in the purchase and sale of privately held businesses and real estate transactions.
Real Estate Law:
The area of real estate law includes sale of property, land partnerships, zoning, easements, and land disputes
Professional Organizations and Honors
- Active member of the State Bar of Georgia
- Active member of the Family Law Section for the State of Georgia
- Active member of the Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce
- Former member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Former long time member of the North Fulton Bar Association, and former member of the prestigious Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Admitted to all State and Superior Courts of the State of Georgia, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- Admitted to the United States Federal District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, as well as the United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Frequent speaker at numerous sporting organizations on risk management and sports liability
“You have made my life easier. You have helped me have a better life. I will be forever grateful to you and I will never forget you for all you have done to help us.”